Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Overnight Invalid Cooler
I don't really have a good name for this contraption, all I know is that with a two story house, we use this whenever someone is sick enough that night time stairs become an issue!
Basically, you take a cooler and fill it with the necessary items, and a basket and fill it with the necessary items as part of the bed time routine, and that way there is no groggy up and down the stairs.
Recovering from Miss Pear's arrival by C-section (little darling flipped to breach at 37 weeks and would not budge, feet and head up, bottom down) the cooler was filled with ice and bottles of water we kept refilling! The basket was filled with granola bars for night time nursing sustenance, and pain killer so that I could always find it.
When I first broke my toe a week and a half ago the cooler was filled two bags of ice for night time icing (they do not give pregnant women pain killer, just ice and Tylenol), water and gatorade as I was having a bit of dehydration. The basket was skipped and the Tylenol was just set beside the basket. What was important was that my husband could find everything when I cried out at night! Goodness knows that for the first few nights I was going no where fast!
This tip is kind of odd, but it has saved our family so many steps up and down the stairs, thereby preserving our precious sleep and making us all happier in the morning!
We even do a simple version of this when we have colds or something that is not really serious because it just works so well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





4 comments:
This is a good idea -- we don't have an upstairs, but its a long way from the kitchen (where I keep all the meds, etc.) to the bedrooms. Thanks for sharing!
Brilliant! I have to go up and down stairs too... I don't know why I never thought of this!
weird...when I was pregnant, I took Vicodin for almost a week due to an ear infection. Of course if they hadn't given me painkiller I would have ripped someone's face off so... :)
Great idea! We don't have an upstairs, but getting all that stuff and keeping it together for the duration of the illness is much more organized than what we currently do!
Post a Comment