We are in the middle of an unseasonable heat wave - I am certain that I can hear my garden growing and singing in the warmth! We, on the other hand are listening to the fans and air conditioning sing, and they are making beautiful music!
I have been wondering lately if I am done blogging, and I could not think why I was feeling that way. But now I now why I am feeling that way.
When I started blogging I needed an outlet, I needed to reach out to the human world, even if it was just through cyberspace to realize I was not alone. We had miscarried and felt alone, like no one could understand because people we saying weird things to us. We are trying desperately to sell our town home and move closer to my husband's work so that he would not be commuting 80 miles EACH WAY on California freeways. We felt disconnected from our church, and from our friends there. We just felt alone in so many ways, and overwhelmed.
Now we are expecting again, and at just over 17 weeks all is well, I feel the baby moving at least once a day, and always smile when I do - I will never take that motion for granted.
We have moved and are pretty much settled into our new home. Well, the boxes are unpacked, and now we are trying to decide on paint colors. We would like to have all three bedrooms painted before baby arrives in September, and can deal with the rest later if we don't get to it or I cannot pick out colors. We have picked our room, have narrowed Miss Pear's down to 2 colors, and are in a bit of a conundrum about the baby's room. I am thinking an aqua or turquoise this time around - good for either or! I have even optimistically picked out an afghan pattern to knit for baby.
We have found a new church that we have decided to commit to, and honestly, the Gospel is preached so faithfully, the Bible is held up as the standard, and through the people we have felt the love of Jesus. Our pastor actually joked this week that he does not have the problem that so many pastors have, of their congregations being reluctant to hear the gospel preached each week - we would pull him aside to ask what is going on if he failed to!
We are meeting people, and are really feeling like a part of our new community.
So I think I question if I am done blogging because all the things that prompted me to start have been settled.
Yet I have had fun talking about house stuff, especially kitchen stuff. Even though food and I are still not really buddies, I look forward to returning to talking about freezer meals and baking and other fun stuff when I no longer have to think long and hard if I can really eat that! I love a lot of the blogs I read regularly, even if I am a horrible "lurker".
I guess I just need to figure out what my purpose for blogging is now.
And I will.
Until then I will just plug along and have fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
I think it would be a nifty thing to keep doing the blog, but as a "when there is nothing else to do" type of thing, if you know what I mean. There are times when I feel obligated to do it, but then I think that it is really just for me to have fun with, not HAVE TO keep up with for all the people who read it that I don't even know. LOL! You know...?
Anyway, I understand. :-D
You know...? LOL!
Post a Comment