Saturday, April 12, 2008

Feeling Spoiled

It has been a good morning.

After our doctor's appointment yesterday I just accepted the fact that tired, sore very lower abs were going to be with me for a while, and fighting it was not the best way to handle it, and if hockey players need 3 weeks to recover from a bone break before they can hit the ice again, what makes me think I will be okay in 2 weeks? (Yup, it is Stanley Cup playoff time again, and we are forever on NHL.com getting the scores and stories - although I am certain that they were given good pain killers....no, I'm not bitter, why do you ask?)

We are having company for supper. I am baking marinated chicken breasts (and cannot remember the name of the 3 ingredient marinade), cabbage roll casserole, and carrots because it is the one veggie both families always agree on, kids included. Our guests are bringing salad and dessert.

Although, we are such good friends that they are not really company. The house is not spotless, they will not care, if they even notice. I was instructed to prepare a list of what I need help with, how can you beat that! And my dear friend would scrub floors with a smile to help me, and she knows I would do the same if the situation was reversed! Although I selected gardening as I have to do a bit of replanting after a snail mowed through the garden.

And if that has not left me feeling spoiled enough, my husband instructed me to stay laying down with my foot up, then took the grocery list and headed out.

Sometimes, an injury is not as bad as it seems....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin