Dr. Pear was on duty all weekend taking very good care of me and playing with Miss Pear, so I got lots of rest, and I am convinced that has made all the difference!
This morning when I walked into the kitchen for about the 10th time (too bleary eyed before that) and still feeling very low, I was greeted by this site.

There are two important things to note. One, our sink is just to the right of the picture - note the lack of dishes to be washed...Mr. Pear washed them all last night. That glass is the glass I was filling with water to drink.
Funny, now that I look at the picture you can see some of my favorite kitchen stuff. The Kitchenaid mixer I have had for over 10 years that still works like new. The Henkle knives we were give as a group wedding shower gift. The inordinate amount of plug ins in our kitchen. My sink arsenal of dish soap in the oil dispense, hand soap in the lotion dispenser and foaming Dawn (if you know the secret of making your own refill, please let me know - I only bought it because it was free after coupon, but now I love it).
You can also see a very old decoration that I have had since my University days. It used to hang over my desk. Then it hung in my cubicle at work. And now it hangs in the kitchen:
It always makes me smile.Except this morning, it made me feel bad about how things are not getting done. We went straight from morning sickness to Mr. Pear hurting his arm to me breaking my foot to Miss Pear getting the flu which turned into a sinus infection to me being sick with the same sinus infection. So I am sure you can just imagine, especially with our closest family being 2000 miles away.
But then I stopped and thought about it. Yeah, the house might not be spotless, but it is neat, and the laundry is done (again, the work of Mr. Pear this weekend, I was flat on my back in bed), we are eating relatively healthy meals, just lots of pasta, the grocery shopping is done (again, only because of Mr. Pear) and Miss Pear is far from ignored. We spent the morning together in the living room mostly watching television, which is not the best, but not horrible either considering her morning energy level is still not recovered from her illness. We were together, talking and laughing. She was playing with my knitting yarn as I worked on a blanket for her. We were together, hugging and stealing kisses, just being together.
So I can honestly say that while I am not on top of everything, this chick's busy taking care of the most important things...my family....and then napping.....the house can wait a little bit longer, but my daughter will never be this age again.



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
It is SOOO good for us former career women turned SAHM to keep God's perspective on things. While it pleases Him to see us caring for the things He has blessed us with, our number one goal is to be like Jesus to the ones He has put in our lives. Our husbands, our children, our church body, our family, our neighbors, our friends...We probably won't ever remember whether the sheets were changed every week or whether our closets were kept tidy all the time. But, we will remember fun mornings like the one you had with your sweet one, watching TV, stealing kisses and laughing together.
Glad you are all on the mend!
Post a Comment