Saturday, April 26, 2008

So I was wrong...

Remember when I said that I did not think Miss Pear had shared her germs with us, but that I was just tired and sick? I was wrong. That night I was hit out of the blue with a massive and painful sinus infection. While it is not fun, I would not change the week and a half I had nursing Miss Pear back to health and trying to keep her entertained. It was worth it. Unless of course I could make it so she was not sick at all, naturally!

But aside from the residual nose drips and coughing, Miss Pear is all better, even her appetite has returned. Praise the Lord! She was so sick it broke my heart.

Even when I get sick from caring for my daughter, even after lots of neurotic hand washing, I still love being a mom, and would not trade it for anything. While I am not crazy about being thrown up on, it is only when it is your child that you are more concerned about that poor little one freaking out about this weird thing happening to them than you are about what just went down your shirt.

I can frequently be quoted as saying that the worst day at home is still better than the best day at work. The pay may be lousy, but the benefits are unmatched! And I mean every word of it.

Plus, if you have not read Donnetta's post I Love My Job, I strongly recommend you head over, especially if you are a mom!

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

I'm glad she's feeling better but sad you now have it! Hope you are feeling better soon too!!!

Thanks for the link. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin