Thursday, September 20, 2007

SCT - Spaghetti Sauce


I originally shared this recipe here as a freezer recipe, and linked to a couple other great recipes in that post too. But this is a family favorite, and the only spaghetti sauce I use with any consistency. I learned to make it in Home Economics in Jr. High, and then tweaked the recipe like crazy to get this!

Seeing both my daughter and I am feeling under the weather today I am very grateful to have a meal of this sauce in the freezer to pull out!

Mrs. Pear's Spaghetti Sauce

2 packages of 1 and a 1/3 lb ground turkey
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
3-4 green peppers chopped (or more)
4x395mL can tomato sauce (medium size can)
3x156mL can tomato paste (small can)
1 tbsp sugar
1/8 – 1/4 cup dried oregano (depending on how strong the oregano is)
4 cloves crushed garlic
2 bay leaves
pepper

Brown turkey, (I usually do one package at a time with 3-4 grinds of pepper) place in slow cooker.

Saute onions and garlic in good olive oil (if possible, if not, whatever will work), place in slow cooker.

Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for at least 4 hours, or on low for at least 8 hours.

I use this sauce to make Lasagna too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks good. Thanks for sharing!


MJ

Anonymous said...

looks yummy to me

Renee said...

This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Sandra said...

Sounds so good, I'll have to give this one a try :)

Mari said...

I am sure my family would like this better than the ctore bought version! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

We had spaghette tonite at a restaurant & it wasn't that good. maybe I should make my own. Thanks for posting this recipe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin