Friday, September 14, 2007

FIF - Southwest Skillet


This is a favorite quick meal around here courtesy of Campbell's originally, but I have messed with it, so they might not recognize it! :-) The leftovers make wonderful lunches!

Southwest Skillet

1 x 1 1/3 lb package of ground turkey
1 tbsp chili powder
1 can condensed golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup minute rice

Serve with:
Shredded cheddar cheese
Crumbled tortilla chips
Salsa

Brown ground turkey, mix in chili powder. Mix in soup and water, bring to a low boil. Add kidney beans, tomatoes, bring back to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add rice, bring to a boil and simmer on low until ready to serve, stirring frequently, at least 5 minutes.

8 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, when I get back from Vegas I'm going to have to try this. It looks great! Don't you just love Campbell's recipes? I have one of their cookbooks. :)

Thanks for participating in my FIF recipe exchange. I do appreciate it!

Carey said...

Yum! Ill have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.

Lorie said...

Yummy, you always post such neat recipes!

Joyful Days said...

That sounds really good!

Anonymous said...

Campbell recipes are the best! Thanks for sharing this one!

Ms. Kathleen said...

This sounds fantastic and easy. Love those campbell soup recipes! Hugs!

Unknown said...

This does sound good and tasty. I'm always looking for a quick easy dinner. Thanks!

Renee said...

Such a simple recipe but so delicious sounding! Thanks for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin