Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Sick List

While I have not posted much in the run your home like a business but with a lot more love series it has not been for lack of ideas, but rather for lack of time! But this week our whole family is either sick with colds or on the way to being sick with colds. It reminded me of this helpful list I shop for and fulfill each August. I try to keep it stocked all the time, but always make sure it is fully stocked before cold and flu season starts. This year it seems to have started early with strep, bronchitis, pnemonia, stomach bugs, and rotten colds all making their appearances!

In...um...honor (?) of that I thought I would share my list with you! Let me know what you would add! Also, what is not on this list is a huge stash of tea, honey, and homemade bread!

  • Gatorade - minimum 4 per person, ideally a whole case from Costco
  • Canned Soup (4 per), plus stuff to make homeade
  • 7-Up 2 L (for upset tummies and heartburn)
  • Popsicles (box)
  • Saltines (box)
  • Baby Wipes (extra)
  • Flushable Wipes (extra)
  • Extra Diapers
  • Infant Tylenol (one full unopened one in addition to what is open)
  • Children's Tylenol (one full unopened one in addition to what is open)
  • Children's Motrin - this used to be on the list but it makes my children wake up after 2-3 hours so I am taking it off the list.
  • Lysol
  • Laundry Soap (at least 1 full bottle extra)
  • Antibac Wipes (cleaning)
  • Tylenol
  • Motrin
  • Hand Sanitizer (I shoot for 1 on each floor and 1 on the change table)
  • Antibac Soap (refills for my refillables)
  • Sudafed
  • Children's Cough Syrup **
  • Cough Syrup
  • Kleenex (we actually buy this in huge quantities at Costco when they have coupons)
  • Bendy Straws (at least 1 unopened box to use in place of my usual wash and reuse ones)
  • Dixi Cups (to use for rinsing after tooth brushing)
  • Papertowels
This list does not cover every eventuality in life, but it gives me a serious fighting chance at NOT having an emergency run to the store! Plus it was updated after Miss Pear was in CVICU during N1H1 season to include antibac stuff because she will always be more at risk for flu complications.

**I understand a lot of doctors are saying this is unnecessary in most cases, but both my girls have been told by doctors that they need this to help them.

1 comment:

Little House By The Sea said...

That is quite a list, I dont think that you have missed anything out. I think that I should have a look though the cupboards to see what I need now you have motivated me.

Sarah x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin