Friday, August 6, 2010

Praying

There was a time my husband and I both maintained fairly extensive commitments outside our home. We both served in ministry as volunteers, in addition to serving in our church. This was before we had children, of course, and our work was either together, or it was at the same time (we both served Monday nights) so that we had plenty of time together.

Things are different now. God has made it clear to us that my main ministry is in our home and will be for years to come. Not only am I good with that, I am thrilled.

No longer am I out teaching others' children the Bible, I am home teaching mine. Just for one example!

In this season of life I cannot do a lot to directly influence outside my home, but I can do some.

My ministry outside our home is simple now. I share bread I have made. We share a meal either by inviting people to our home or taking a meal (we will have the same one that night), and by praying.

In the course of even the busiest day I can find time to pray while I am doing dishes, flipping laundry, cleaning, or drifting off to sleep.

I may not be able to do a lot, but I relish what I can do, and do it wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin