Monday, August 2, 2010

Bible in 90 Days Day 29/Week 5 Check in

It has been an interesting week since last Monday. Our oldest daughter at age 5 had skating lessons Monday night (her little sister alternately cheered, laughed with delight and tried to join her), a cardiologist appointment on Wednesday, and our whole family had a Classical Conversations homeschooling co-op meeting Friday morning where our oldest would be in class one morning a week learning in the classical method while our youngest and I sit at the back and learn too.

That kept us busy. But I did keep up with my reading.

I am writing this Sunday afternoon, and this evening at our Church picnic we will be sharing how God cared for our family these past 2 years, especially the health of our girls. As I have thought about that I have been overwhelmed by God love, care, healing and provision. We felt compelled at the end to take a time to stop and say thank you, and when we mentioned this in casual passing it morphed into sharing our story at one of the summer picnics.

When I read the Bible in 90 days starting in January I read because I was overwhelmed, and I found great comfort.

This time through I am reading because I did finish last time, but not in 90 days, and I felt compelled to try again. This time as I read I am finding great perspective on the past 2 years and great joy.

So while I do fall behind a chapter or 2 here or there, I always do manage to catch up the next day, and I am finding it be a source of great delight and encouragement.

For more information on reading the Bible in 90 Days check here, and to see how others are doing check here....

1 comment:

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

I'm thrilled that you are reading with us again! And even more excited that it sounds like you are keeping up! Keep to it and enjoy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin