Thursday, August 5, 2010

Attitude Adjustment

I am working VERY hard on an attitude adjustment.

People keep telling me that you just don't need air conditioning in the area we live in.

And they are SERIOUS!

Exhibit A - it was 87 F today.

We have had a few very hot days where it just does not cool down at night, but each week there are a few days where it is just REALLY uncomfortable in our house between about 4 and the sun going down.

And being hot makes us all grumpy.

Plus if the girls get too hot they actually do get sick.

But we have no air conditioning because people do not think it is necessary up here.

Honestly.

Not kidding.

I am working hard on trying to adjust my attitude.

Honestly.

No, I am not kidding.

I keep reminding myself that God has called people to a lot harder things that living one summer without air conditioning. All you have to do for perspective is consider the missionaries your church supports and you will see what I mean.

And it helps my perspective.

But we are still getting AC next year when we buy our own house!

1 comment:

Myrnie said...

Not many people have AC...but a LOT have window AC units!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin