Tuesday, August 10, 2010

CSA Boxes 5 and 6

The produce boxes are now filled with locally grown beautiful produce! I did not post box 5 before it arrived as that was the day of Miss Pear's cardiology appointment and we were distracted. At that appointment it became clear we are doing the right thing as it is very important she enjoy a heart healthy diet, more so than for most people.

The box we got that night included:

Bunched Carrots
Roma Tomatoes (it was supposed to be Chioggia Beets, but I needed tomatoes!)
Green Beans
Walla Walla Sweet Onions
Cabbage
Spinach
Salad Mix (Cut Greens)
Cherries
Blueberries
Peaches (a double order because I really needed more fruit so I swapped out the arrugala)
Nectarines

I also ordered an extra bag of carrots because they are so delicious and taste like they came right out of the garden, none of this store bought taste!

This Week's Box

Red Leaf Lettuce
Bunch of Carrots (swapped in place of Baby Chioggia Beets)
Green Chard
Mixed Summer Squash
Savoy Cabbage
Cucumbers
Red Radishes
Baby Bok Choy
Flavor Supreme Pluots
Blueberries
Peaches
Apricots

I also added a bag of carrots and a bunch of celery as we never have too many carrots and I needed celery. I am finding it is better both by cost and by flavor to order extra fruits and veggies through the box!

As it stands now, unless the grocery store has a screaming deal and I am going any way I only buy fruits and veggies through the box or at Costco where I regularly buy bananas and peppers.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin