Monday, August 16, 2010

It's Monday, I'm Melting

I know I said I was working on a better attitude about no air conditioning, and I am, on Saturday when we set record breaking heat I was stoic and creative and even optimistically cheerful. On Sunday we again set records and I looked on the bright side and said that after a month of trying to get to Sunday night service with 2 little girls we were finally going to make it! And we did! It was great! It was also a good thing we got the girls into the air conditioning because Baby was starting to get sick from the heat and Miss Pear was not far behind if her pink cheeks and resting her head on my lap were any indication.

But last night it was still 80 in the house at 10PM, and my good attitude fizzled.

Actually I think what annoyed me the most next to the girls getting sick in the heat (always a concern in our family) and effectively killed my good mood and attitude was that I was almost 3/4 of a day ahead in my Bible in 90Days reading in anticipation of a family 3 day trip this week and am now only on track.

Sigh.

In other news, I am sure our neighbors were laughing at us when it was at least 90F out side and we were all heading out in sweats carrying jackets after supper! It was Miss Pear's last day of formal skating lessons for this session so we all went to watch and then had an ice cream celebration afterwards.

It is a complete mystery how it can be record breaking heat and Dairy Queen is not packed. But the drive through has a line up around the parking lot. Very interesting.

Now that I think about it, signing Miss Pear up for skating lessons during the summer was genius on my husband's part. People look at us funny when we say we are doing skating, but when it is blazing hot out it feels so refreshing to be in the cool ice rink!

Okay, I just read what I wrote, and am tempted to delete it, but in the interest of trying to be authentic I am going to leave it because it lets me say one thing.

Each day, just as the heat was becoming a concern for the girls there was something that made it okay. Either it was having ice cream on Saturday, church Sunday night, or skating on tonight, such perfect provision! So often we just look at things and say that it was great it worked out, and don't go beyond that. I don't believe in things "just working out" or in coincidences, but I do believe in God, and He is the Almighty, able to do more than we can even comprehend, and provide perfectly for us.

And before I forget, a sweet commenter noted that a lot of people have the window air conditioning units up here - that made me feel better after thinking that all these people were superhuman and could handle this heat with no problem. Such a comforting perspective!

Okay, that's it, I am done, I need to read my Bible in 90 days, and that means I need to get reading. Good night!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin