Monday, August 11, 2008

A Very Pleasant Saturday Surprise

On Saturday our church threw a baby shower for us. This is the church we just started attending in the fall, so almost a year ago, that we missed lots of with morning sickness and cold and flu season (because we are polite and take turns in our family), and that we just transfered our membership to in June. It is a friendly church, and a smaller church. And it seems like half the church is on vacation while the rest are either just back or on the way.

So the combinations of that and not really knowing a lot of women yet had me thinking it would be a very small shower, and I was really looking forward to that and getting to know some of the women better. I figured 10 women this time of year. And I was very happy. I kept thinking how great it would be to get to know those 10 women better!

So imagine my surprise when more women than that were there when I got there, and I was far from the last to arrive! I got to know many more women, got to visit with ones I don't usually have a chance to, and had a great time! The time of fellowship was so sweet, but the time of prayer was indescribably wonderful. And then we got to the presents, I was so completely overwhelmed. All the women were so sweet and so generous to us! And many women who were not there sent gifts anyways! Plus a lot went together!

It was such a shock!

But then the Lord reminded me of the prayers we had prayed for our new church home as we prepared to move. That we would be in a solid church that loved Him and faithfully taught His word, that encouraged us as a family, and where we truly felt that we were part of a family.

Yup, answered prayer, the women in their words and prayers and gifts made it clear to me that we are indeed part of the family. The Lord is so gracious to us!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness and for His abounding grace in meeting ALL our needs...and even some wants!
So glad you had such a lovely time and that you met so many women to share in your joy...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin