Monday, August 25, 2008

36 week update

In many views we are officially considered full term (although some say another few days would be needed to get us there) and might I say that I certainly feel full term? Just roll me along! But it is so great! We are praying that nothing begins before Wednesday as that is when our help arrives, and we would be officially full term by all standards at 37 weeks! (I really want my MIL here before anything happens so that I can be confident that Miss Pear is well cared for and thinks she is on an adventure with her buddy! It will be a great comfort to me while we are in the hospital!)

At our doctor's appointment on Friday we had an ultrasound, and the tech complimented baby on her beautiful spine! I love hearing those things! Confirmed again that yes, it is decidedly a girl! And everything looks good. The weight estimate is currently 6lb and 6oz, and of course that is always high, so I am guessing closer to 6lbs. The doctor confirms that we are indeed boring and there is nothing to talk about! What more could you ask for! And no, she did not say it like that, that is just the way we are saying it! I was concerned because at each of the last two appointments I have lost a pound, and I was worried about that, but was assured that it was fine. (I am so big, and it is so hot that either one would make it hard to eat, and baby is so healthy).

Although I believe that on Wednesday I will open up a fun baby pool that will ask the question of if baby will make it to September 10 (if not, what day will she arrive - note that I am waiting for Wednesday to start this!), and weight and length. This is just for fun - and is solely to amuse me... (and it is fun because everything is going so well!)

So basically, we have no news.

Although Jen will have news today, maybe not posted today, but news nonetheless. Please pray for her and her sweet boy who will be born today, early, via C-section. Please particularly pray for her son's lung development and the abdominal area, her full speedy recovery and that the Lord would be glorified throughout.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin