Wednesday, August 6, 2008

July Baby Preparations

July was a busy month for getting baby stuff done!

In addition to this list we got lots done on the long weekend!

We also:
  1. Uploaded and ordered all the pictures to finish Miss Pear's baby book (a necessary part of preparation for this one as if it was not done it would never be done!) Actually getting them was more difficult than anticipated. Added find a new photo service to the to do list.
  2. Had the Salvation Army come and pick up what we needed to get rid of to make the nursery a nursery! (I tried not to cry when they took the futon away - that was easier when Mr. Pear reminded me about the time I got stuck in it during my last trimester with Miss Pear!)
  3. Revised and updated the to be done list numerous times, but the list is definitely growing shorter even while more stuff is being added.
  4. Worked with Mr. Pear's mom on the phone as she cut up her wedding dress to make a christening gown. She cut the material in such a way as to preserve the beading from her dress to be on the christening gown. I have not seen it in person, but the pictures reveal and incredibly beautiful dress!
  5. Baby's furniture was delivered! (More monumental than you think!)
  6. Completed the list for the baby's birth announcements - I will need 60 announcements, and will order 10 4x6's as an insurance policy for anyone I missed. This way I can just print off the list and start working on them!
  7. Completed updating the Christmas card list - I figured it was a two for one deal with the birth announcements and another thing done! Of course, as soon as I was done, two friends moved.
  8. Finished Miss Pear's afghan, and while that was not technically required to prepare for baby, it did allow me to start baby's afghan.
  9. Started baby's afghan, figured out what was wrong with the pattern, fixed the mistakes and now we are doing good. Had completed almost 12 inches of it by the end of the month.
  10. Sorted through some old books putting them into a to keep pile, and a to be used to start Paperback Swap with in the spring, as well as sorted through my to be read pile and organized it! This was long on the to do list, and sorting through the to read pile made room for a comfortable chair in our room that needed a good home!
  11. Started working on the thank you cards as I really wanted to make at least some of them.
  12. Miss Pear and I taped the nursery so it could be painted, and then Mr. Pear turned buying paint into a field trip - Miss Pear thought it was great, but she things everything Mr. Pear does is great.
  13. We painted the nursery - Miss Pear "helped".
  14. Arranged the furniture (except the crib) in the nursery.
I will probably not compile a August list and just blog about it as we do it, after all, time is marching quickly on!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin