Monday, August 25, 2008

It is to laugh...

...sometimes as a mom we are privileged to hear the sweetest and funniest things. Sure there are days where it seems like all we do is provide correction, but if we are diligent in teaching our children it seems like these days are rare.

Today was so funny. And it was just what I needed.

I told Miss Pear we were going to do dishes after nap time, and you would think with the delight in her voice that I had promised ice cream. She was thrilled. When I started without her she was most irate and informed me that it was not possible for me to do that big job without her. While helping she pretended to make me a cake, a yummy drink, and cookies. Such a sweetie.

At three and three months she has little jobs around the house that are always hers, such as picking up her toys, etc, but also tasks that bless our family. One of her jobs is filling the toilet paper holders. This afternoon I asked her to do that as it was needed and she very happily did this, counting as she went. The funny part was that I did not think about the package of toilet paper I gave her - it held 6 rolls, our holder only holds 4. Not to be deterred, she carefully stacked the two extra on top! Hey, she had a job to do and she was going to do it!

She was a very big help today, both practically and with laughter. I love being a mom, and I love that I am home each day to enjoy these special times.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin