Monday, November 19, 2007

Yummy!

Our house smells so yummy today. I say this every year on Christmas Cake baking day!

I am using a family recipe, and I am the third generation to bake it. It is my husband's family's recipe, passed down through his dad, and it is so delicious. Keeping in mind that I loath fruit cake, it is surprising that I love this one! But we call it Christmas Cake because it is not the traditional fruit cake. It is not soaked in liquor so you can actually taste all the delicious fruits and spices.

This was the first year that a forth generation baked this recipe. Miss Pear was old enough to help stir the fruit, and then help stir the fruit into the batter. Of course I helped a lot, and was the one to pour the batter into the pans.

The cake is now in the oven for the last hour if its three hours of baking. The whole house smells so good!

We are expecting company this morning, so before we made the Christmas cake I made up Devil's Food Cake with Fudge Icing - although I have not iced it yet, it is still cooling!

But our house is all ready for guests, so now I am going to get myself ready, and finish my BSF for tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

Ohhh... I can almost smell it from here!

Have a wonderful time with your guests!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin