Thursday, November 1, 2007

Well Done

I have had a lot of things on my mind lately, thoughts that rolled around, popped up when I could not sleep at night, and remained largely unanswered.

I have been thinking thoughts that challenge me, thoughts with answers I don't have that send me to the Lord asking Him for perspective.

My latest thought, the one on my mind that continually comes to the front of my thoughts is this:

How do I live my life with such consistently that each moment is one that causes my Lord to smile at me and say, "Well done good and faithful servant"?

My worst nightmare is standing before my Lord knowing that I disappointed Him, and I know I have.

Yet despite that, it is the deep desire of my heart to stand before Him and hear the words "Well done" with the love and approval that can only come from the Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I sometimes wonder that myself if the Lord will say well done thou faithful servant. I feel so incapable at times and I see all my mess ups and foul ups.

The Lord must be extrememly compassionate and forbearing.

Thanks for the post,

Pumpkin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin