Wednesday, November 7, 2007

WMFW Backwards Day! Family Night

WfmwheaderbackwardsToday is another BACKWARDS edition of Works-For-Me Wednesday. Which I love! You all gave me such wonderful ideas and tips regarding starting to home schooling that I have to try again!

I am trying to make one night into a special family fun night. Our daughter is 2 and a half. And I am just looking for some fun and easy ideas! Preferably frugal too!

What do you do for family fun night? Or to do something special as a family Sunday afternoons?

4 comments:

Homeschoolin' hot-rodders said...

We LOVE family nights! our kids are 8,5, and 3. When all teh kids were little, we would even do family afternoons and such. Sometimes we were at the park playing together, sometimes we would go to the cheapie movie theater downtown ($2 per adult for a movie and $3 for a large popcorn to share). We also invest (yearly...at tax time) in some type of family pass. The latest has been to the zoo/science center. It has been WELL WORTH IT. We have done that for our family nights/afternoons. We also sometimes will play board games and just rent a movie and have popcorn :). We also have a camper and the kids every now and then will just love to go outside and sleep in the camper...we don't even have to GO anywhere lol. gatta love the kids :)

Anonymous said...

For family night, we usually have some sort of lesson then we play games. Sometimes we go do things as a family, but as a general rule we spend time together at home.

Oh, and don't forget dessert! Around here, Andy's is a favorite, but so are cookies and ice cream!

TexasTanya said...

Family night:
1. Kids pick dinner (give them choices that you approve of to select from)
2. Play games.
3. Share dessert and a book (or two).
4. Bath and bed.

Jen said...

We regularly do a "book night," in our family. We pile every pillow in the house in a huge circle in the living room. I make popcorn and the kids get to pick several books. My husband and I take turns reading "in voices" to the delight of our girls. We usually do it after dinner and baths and it lasts about an hour or so. At 2 1/2, your daughter won't need much time to make it a "night." After we tuck our kids in, my husband and I continue the night, reading to each other or on our own. It's a great time for everyone!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin