Thursday, November 15, 2007

Famous Mushrooms - Revised


I am going to a lunch today where we are to bring a dish we would serve at Thanksgiving. I am choosing to take my Famous Mushrooms because they are the absolute best appetizer - delicious, easy, and most importantly, you can pop them in the slow cooker and then move it out of the kitchen so it is not taking up valuable kitchen counter space!

Plus, they always get rave reviews, so that is good too! And this way there is no whining when supper will be ready as there is a snack out! Pairing this with a veggie plate and dip rounds out a small appetizer table beautifully!

Famous Mushrooms

4-5 packages of whole button mushrooms, cleaned (the white ones in the blue tray, if they are really big I halve them or even quarter them so the finished product is a bite size)
2 sticks of butter
2 envelopes Italian or Ranch salad dressing mix.

Add all ingredients together in a Crock Pot. Turn on low for about 3 hours, stirring every now and then. Mushrooms will shrink and get nice and juicy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds delicious!!

Michelle said...

I really like the sound of these mushrooms!thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Yum! This sounds like a wonderful appetizer...I will definitely have to give it a try! When I was a child, I wouldn't touch a mushroom with a ten-foot pole, but now...I love 'em! LOL
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Amy
picketfencemom

PS...I really like reading over your lists. The two books you listed are also two of my favorites. I've also always found www.largefamilylogistics.com a great place with similar ideas!

Anonymous said...

Oops...that was the wrong url for Large Family Logistics. It should've been:
http://largefamilylogistics.lifewithchrist.org/index.html
Sorry!

Mari said...

These sound so good but no one in my family (except me) likes mushrooms> Can you believe it? I may have to make them to bring somewhere else!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mrs. Pear, these sound very good, and like something that my family (well, most of them) would enjoy! Thank you!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

What a yummy appetizer and simple to make! I love the variety of recipes in this group.

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness, these sound SO good, I love mushrooms :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin