I do read my Bible daily and have that devotional time of reading, but I feel like I have been lacking in more serious study. I will be honest, somedays I struggle so much to find time for just my devotional time that I have no idea how to begin to find extra time on top!
But desperate times call for desperate measures, and it is time to make some changes again.
1. I emailed the class coordinator for the local women's BSF class, and they still have room for this year. They are studying Isaiah, and on February 7 I will be at the introductory class in order to sign up to resume my studies with BSF.
2. I am resuming word studies, the ones where I look specifically at one word in one verse to better understand the verse as a whole. I start by prayerfully considering which verse to use, or just going with the one God us currently focusing me on (you know, the one that all but smacks you upside the head when you are reading). I am starting with 2 Corinthians 12:9 and doing 2 studies looking at two different words:
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
These studies are never quick, but are always rich. Rather than committing to a number a month or one a week, I am committing to find a block of time every week to work on these.
3? Once these two studies are done I may trace grace through the Bible, which is the other style of word study, and yes, I do both, but this is the style I do the least.
Why do I share this? Well, a couple reasons:
First off, I am excited! I am eager to go back to BSF because it has been a tremendous blessing to my family in the past, and it is clearly God's prompting for me to return, even now when the timing is terrible! Also, I started the word studies, just the easy part of getting all the verses plugged in and finding the Strong's number, and was so encouraged even though I was exhausted.
Secondly, I use this as a place to think our loud, and to keep track of things.
Thirdly, I cannot imagine I am the only woman on the face of the planet going through a bit of a tough time right now when things are overwhelming, and if I can encourage you a little bit, that is a tremendous blessing to me!
Lastly, I am confident that God is going to get us through this, and that testimony is always worth sharing!



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
I am so excited and eager to see how God uses and blesses you with each of these pursuits as you fix your heart eyes on Him!
You probably noticed that a small group of us are already doing a study on grace. If you'd like to join in, just let me know and I'll get you pointed in the right direction so as to get all of the information. If not, then that is perfectly fine too. Totally up to you! No pressure, just the invite. :-)
Post a Comment