So we have tried a variety of things that have been great!
Therefore when eggplant was in the box two weeks ago I started looking for recipes, and decided on Veggie Parmesan (minus the fennel bulbs), and I even used my homemade marinara sauce!
It was DELICIOUS! We loved everything EXCEPT the eggplant which we all gamely tried and then picked out.
I would make this again with just 2 layers of peppers, it was that good.
But next time I see eggplant on the list for the CSA box I am definitely swapping it out!



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





2 comments:
Was it the actual flavor of the eggplant, texture, or what? My husband grows eggplant each summer because he LOVES it. It isn't my favorite, but I have learned that I like it oven roasted! Also, you do have to salt it and let it "seep" before you cook it, no matter how you prepare it. Might be worth another go:) I've also heard of people preserving it in flavored olive oil in the fridge, but that doesn't appeal to me AT ALL.
Jen - it depends who you ask, but the general consensus seems to be all of the above! At least they all gamely tried it with an open mind and really did try to like it!
Post a Comment