Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This Week's CSA Box

It has been a while since I posted about my CSA box, and that is surprising because I love it dearly, and it helps me so much! No running to the grocery store for fresh produce and then buying other stuff!

Today we will receive:

Cucumbers, Organic - 2 each

Garnet Yams, Organic - 3 pounds

Celery, Organic - 1 each

Red Onions, Organic - 3 each

Eggplant, Organic - 1 each

Bunched Carrots, Organic - 1 bunch

Green Leaf Lettuce, Organic - 1 bunch

Green Kale, Organic - 1 bunch

Fairchild Tangerines, Organic - 6 each

Kiwi, Organic - 6 each

Mangos, Organic - 2 each

Cameo Apples, Organic - 6 each

To round this out I picked up 6 peppers and a bag of onions at Costco. I would have liked some bananas as well, but it was Friday evening when we stopped for milk and a few other necessities, and all the bananas were gone.

I have a few new recipes in mind to try, and will be making fruit salads for lunch desserts as well as an apple crisp to use up a case of apples I bought a bit ago and some Christmas satsuma mandarins.

So if this box was being delivered to you what would you be thinking? And what would you be doing with the eggplant...or would you have swapped it out?

1 comment:

Dianna said...

I would make oven fries with the yams. We love them that way! I have to admit that I've never prepared eggplant in a way that I liked it. It's probably just my inexperience though as I didn't grow up eating it. I hope you have better luck!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin