Wednesday, January 26, 2011

This Week's CSA Box

It suddenly seems weird to post this on Wednesday because my sweet husband will not be picking up our box on the way home every second Wednesday now! It will be delivered to our door Thursday before 6AM!

And we are most excited. Yes, we get excited about weird things around here, but it means we are a happy lot!

Tomorrow I will wake up to a box filled with:

Box Contents
Garnet Yams, Organic - 3 pounds

Bunched Carrots, Organic - 1 bunch

Zucchini, Organic - 1.75 pounds

Green Onions, Organic - 2 bunches

Red Bell Peppers, Organic - 2 each

Green Cabbage, Organic - 1 each

Romaine Lettuce, Organic - 1 bunch

Yellow Onions, Organic - 3 each

Minneola Tangelos, Organic - 6 each

Gala Apples, Organic - 6 each

Navel Oranges, Organic - 6 each

Pink Lady Apples, Organic - 5 each


I definitely have some ideas already for this box. Fruit is always dessert after lunches (except when grandma sneaks in other treats). Plus I love apple grated into my overnight oatmeal.

Yams almost always get roasted in the oven because it makes them extra delicious, and the green onions are going to be part of egg salad sandwiches.

I am thinking coleslaw with the cabbage, and the onions and peppers will end up in spaghetti sauce. It seems to be easy to use up all the veggies in 2 weeks, especially when have company!

What would you be making if this box was being delivered to you?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin