Often we look around us and see great teachers, great encourages, prayer warriors, phenomenal organizers, and then we look at our selves and think we have nothing to offer, or in this season of life cannot offer anything.
Want to know how I know this? That is how I felt.
The women at my church are amazing, and each has found her niche. Me? not so much.
But this past month and a half I have.
I found a sweet spot in the women's prayer gathering that is a one Saturday morning a month for an hour time commitment. And I love it!
And I found another sweet spot that was made just for me.
Each year before Easter our Church hosts a Saturday morning VBS and a volunteer is needed to bring snacks for the other volunteers. Of course I signed up for that! I made my plan of what I would make and consulted the chief organizer (a dear friend of mine). She looked at the plan and did not say much, so I asked if she thought that would be okay. She said that in the past the person who did the snacks usually bought bagels. As word is spreading that the snacks will be homemade this year volunteers are getting excited! And that makes me feel great!
With all that has happened and Mr. Pear being on a business trip Thursday and Friday this year I cannot commit to be there and do all the training. But I could do this, and use the talent God has given me to bless and encourage others.
Baking like this does not seem like a big deal to me, in fact, in light of the response I am getting I am pretty sure I will feel a bit sheepish Saturday morning as I don't see it as a big deal, but the volunteers do, and more importantly this is my offering to God this Easter season.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment