Thursday, April 16, 2009

Doughnut Day

Two weeks ago tomorrow we had "D is for Doughnut" Day, and it was great!

We read a new favorite book from Rod and Staff called Doughnut Day!

Doughnut Day

I love that in this book it is a mother and daughter making doughnuts together, and that the focus is on sharing the doughnuts, not how yummy and how many we can eat!

So we made our doughnuts using this recipe, and they were delicious!


When we went to share them with 3 neighbor families, only one family was home! Miss Pear was very disappointed! But the one family who was home was very surprised and enthusiastic!

So when we came home I called some friends who live about 10 minutes away to arrange a bedtime snack! They brought their two daughters over in their pajamas and had a snack while the adults had the same snack...except we had tea and coffee instead of chocolate milk.

It was an extra special treat for a little girl who was very generous with her doughnuts, all 2 and a half dozen of them!

And the best part?

The next day when I asked her what her favorite part was? She said having her friends over for a snack and sharing her doughnuts.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

What a wonderful post. I linked. :)

Nicolas v.f. said...

i agree with alexandra, this is a wonderful post. i love the last minute snack time with friends! thanks for the idea:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin