While I still feel like the rank amateur that I am, I am encouraged that Miss Pear can recite the previous three weeks verses, and is getting this week's (I don't worry about the verse address, just the words at this point). I am encouraged that she is doing well at learning her numbers and letters, and is writing them better than I expected (the tracing stuff was just to work on how to hold a pencil correctly, the mechanics of writing, and to help us learn to identify numbers and letters better, everything after that is icing!) We are really feeling like we can do this, which is a huge tremendous blessing!
Miss Pear has been loving seeing which picture books were in the box, so I have started pulling books out of our bookshelves for each day of the week, and that seems fun for everyone. (And all the story books for each day are ones that we already have.)
Bible Reading Time (at the breakfast table):
- Five Minute Devotions for Children: Celebrating God's World As a Family
- A Chapter in Matthew (Except for the once a week or so Miss Pear asks for Jonah...)
- Read Story for D in Teach Them to Your Children: An Alphabet of Biblical Poems, Verses, and Stories
- Memorize Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart."
- Review A, B and D verse throughout the day
- Winnie the Pooh Treasury
(sorry, it appears it is no longer in publication, which is a pity. Paperbackswap.com might have it).
- Alpha-Phonics: A Primer For Beginning Readers
(Using the letter recognition in the back, and we love it)
- Number recognition - a little chart I made up based on Alpha-phonics.
- About 3 Workbook**
Monday:
- Read "My 'D' Book"
- Read Duck in the Truck
(we started reading this one when Miss Pear was about 9 months old and I would read to her while she was in her highchair.)
- D is for Dove Coloring Page and Tracing Page
- Baptism of Jesus Coloring Page
- Dove Craft
- Read Bible Count*
- Read Clifford's Day With Dad
- Read Daddy Hug
(Miss Pear is a bit old for this book, but she loves the pictures)
- Read "My Four Book"
- Four Tracing Page (number buddies tracing page)
- Four Number Buddy Coloring Page
- Fuzzy #4 (construction paper, glue, cotton balls)
- Read "My 'D' Book"
- Read Schnitzel Von Krumm's Basketwork by Lynley Dodd (hard to find in the US, but in the book he hides in the daisies and dahlias)
- Read Donald Buys a House
- D is for Daisy coloring and tracing page
- D is for Dinosaur Tracing Page (Alphabet Buddies)
- Bake Dinner Rolls
- Read Learning My Numbers*
- Read "My Four Book"
- Read Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy
- Read Hairy Maclary And Zachary Quack
- Four Tracing Page (number buddies tracing page)
- Number in a Jar #4 - put 4 stickers in jar, do tracing, color
- Color and decorate #4 (Use large template)
- Craft: Ice Cream Cone Scoop Craft for Numbers scoop #4 (in the evening, this is the Daddy craft and the ice cream cone is growing up my kitchen wall).
- Read "My 'D' Book"
- Read Helping Mother* (Miss Pear loves this one!)
- Read Baking Day*
- Read Doughnut Day*
- D is for Dinosaur Tracing Page (Alphabet Buddies)
- "D is for Donut" coloring page
- Bake Doughnuts (this will also double as a family night activity, we will use the doughnut cutter that was handed down to me from when we used to make doughnuts when I was Miss Pear's age.)
**Rod and Staff online is not the same company as the Rod and Staff catalog, even though they carry the same stuff. Often the best pricing and regular discounts comes from the catalog, available upon request at 1-606-522-4348.



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
Thank you for posting your plans to share. I know so much work goes into planning!
I have the More with Less cookbook, too. Are there any recipes you recommend from it?
Post a Comment