Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rinse and Repeat

Sometimes being a mom is a lot like the directions on a shampoo bottle...the one that says rinse and repeat.

It seems as though laundry is never done because as soon as you wash everything in the wash pile it is time for bed and the pile starts again, or someone spits up, or spills.

As soon as one meal is done you are preparing the next or doing baking.

As soon as you rotate through your cleaning schedule it is time to start again.

As soon as you get the littlest one down for a nap the neighbor's gardener comes, pulls into your drive way, grinds the gears, pulls out and parks in front of your neighbors and makes a racket doing their work and wakes up your baby. (okay, maybe that one is just me).

And then, just for fun, you throw in teething....

Being a mom is not easy. It is not all kisses, cuddles, and stories.

But I have said it before, and I will say it again. The toughest day at home is still better than best day at work...

Plus I have 2 happy sleeping girls, lots of picture books read, and 6 banana loaves to show for my morning's work!

3 comments:

Dianna said...

I've thought about this a lot lately. I was reading Cheryl Mendelson's Home Comforts a few evenings ago, and she talks a lot about all the repeated work that we need to do to make our homes comfortable. Her best suggestion is to have a schedule of what needs to be done when. So even though I may never have all the laundry done, or the whole house might not be clean, at least I can say, 'Today's work is done.'

Myrnie said...

You're right!

Donnetta said...

My predicament seems to be something spills (usually sticky) within hours of just mopping. Still wouldn't trade it for anything!

Preach it sista....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin