Thursday, November 20, 2008

Umm....maybe not

I had to laugh this morning when I read Donetta's Note to Self while I was waiting to see if Baby was going to go straight down for her nap or need a bit of help.

In all honesty, my note to self would read as follows.

Dear Brain,

The rest of the body would like to remind you of two things:
1. You are not super woman despite the faulty reasoning that refuses to be removed from the thought process.
2. You have a 3 year old and a 10 week old in the house, and no help during the day.

Therefore the very idea of getting caught up this week was a high, lofty, and unattainable goal. We know you like to set high standards for yourself, and understand that motivates you, but it exhausts the rest of us.

Therefore, while the girls nap today, can we nap too?

Thanks,
The rest of your body.


As a result, I am going to give my granola one more stir, and then nap....

2 comments:

Donnetta said...

Thanks for the link! Glad you made it into a post!

So, now I'm wondering... did you get your nap?? :-)

Jen said...

Sounds like some sage advice from your body.

I've always felt that bringing home baby #2 was jsut as trying as baby #1. Even though you know how to do the diapering and feeding and swaddling, you DON'T know how to do all that with a toddler in tow! Prayinig for rest for you and a relaxing weekend as well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin