Monday, November 17, 2008

Catch Up Week

I am determined to make head way in catching up this week.

It was wonderful to have the grandmas down to help, but as all women know, it is never the same if you don't do it your self. After their visits I always find I need to hunt for things in the kitchen as it is never where I would expect it to be. So we need to catch up from that. Plus the general stuff that comes with a new little sweetie being added to our family, plus the added stuff of that little sweetie being sick and in the hospital.

The last three weeks knocked us flat, and now it is time to catch up.

Along with my normal cleaning routine, which I hope to get through all of this week, I am hoping to:
  1. Finish all thank you notes
  2. Box up clothes the girls have outgrown
  3. Sort through the hand me downs we have been given for Miss Pear and put the appropriate ones in her drawers or in a box to pass on (leave rest for her to grow into).
  4. Bake a 21 lb turkey Monday for meat during the week (follow up suppers will be wraps, white chili, and bbq turkey buns with the remaining meat being either frozen for enchiladas or made into enchiladas)
  5. Update the household binder with a new weekly plan
  6. Begin thinking about a new daily plan that is more than just take it as it comes and hope for the best!
  7. Make scones for the freezer
  8. Make muffins for the freezer (2 new recipes to try)
  9. Compile some new breakfast ideas
  10. Tidy and declutter! (This could be a week long project in itself! This one always gets out of control with company).
Yeah, I am not sure I will get through the list too, but I have to start somewhere!

And the big item on my list that is not something I can check off is to continue to work very hard to find a time when I can have my quiet time with God.

Of course, this is all Lord willing! Miss Pear seems a bit off her game on the weekend, so I am praying that she is just feeling a bit low from the Santa Ana winds that were blowing and nothing more serious.

What are your plans for the week?

2 comments:

Jen said...

I have two things on my list that I AM GOING TO GET DONE:
Laundry (including sheets etc.)
Regain control of our very cluttered school room and get back into a more consistent routine with school.

Okay, so the laundry really only gets done until the next morning/evening but I do adore an empty hamper!

Joyful Days said...

Know what you mean about having help and then trying to find things--my sister and my husband both do that. LOL!

Praying you get caught up, but take care of yourself in the process. Stay healthy.

Blessings!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin