Friday, November 7, 2008

Baby Pear Update

It has been one wild week considering that a week ago we were in the hospital!

Baby Pear had her follow up appointment with her pediatrician on Wednesday, and she was very pleased with Baby’s progress. From last Thursday to Wednesday morning she did lose 6 - 7 oz, but considering how sick she was we are thankful it was not more (and I am confident that by now she is at least at a plateau if not gaining again as we are back on track with nursing). We talked about Baby’s improving and only slight/occasional sensitivity to light (only direct sunlight and florescent light are issues now), and that was to be expected. We also talked about her continued sensitivity to sounds, and the doctor was actually pleased to hear that, it means that her hearing was not impacted in any way (we did not know that hearing loss is often an unfortunate side effect) so we are very thankful.

While Baby is still uncomfortable and therefore a bit fussy (I say a bit because each day gets better, and today was light years better than say Saturday and even Wednesday), her napping is almost back to normal!

Although I have to confess, we miss the panda bear wall hangings at the hospital. I would take Baby for laps around the ward, and we would always stop to look at the pandas, and they would always make her happy. She would smile and coo at them. In fact, if I tried to moved on before she was ready she would fuss. So far nothing at home has caught her interest like those pandas. It is funny the things that help and make little ones so happy.

Today is the first day I can honestly say that I can see "normal" creeping back into our day, and for that I am very thankful!

Thank you for all the prayers and encouraging emails, they mean so much!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Praise God for His healing hand and for sustaining all of you through what was surely a long, taxing week. Continuing to pray for speedy recovery, rest and peace.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin