Our Easter this year is definitely going to be one we talk about each year.
It is a record breaking heat wave - temps into the 90's Saturday, Sunday and today, and on Saturday when we turned our air conditioning on we found out it was broken. Ummm. Oops.
So Sunday we decided we would just put chicken fingers in the toaster oven, and rice-a-roni in the microwave for supper and eat outside! Sounds great, so we headed outside to play because at that point it was cooler outside with the breeze, and we have a water table to play in. All of a sudden, right before I should have gone in to start supper, the breeze died, and it felt like all of those 90 degrees! So we loaded up into the car and headed to Burger Kind and their air conditioning. We were comfortable and well fed.
It was a hot night, but by about 10:30 it got cool enough in the house to sleep comfortably.
This morning I called the repair company that our insurance said they would use when I called on Saturday, and I almost wept with relief when she said someone would be here between 10 and 1! At 10:30 the repair man arrived, and at 11 our air conditioner was working and had its spring check up. The house was still an extremely comfortable temperature at this point, so there was no sacrifice at all today!
I am very grateful we found out this early in the season and not when there would be no breeze or relief from the heat in sight!
I was emailing a friend this morning, and said that yesterday was a testimony to how far the Lord has grown me. Rather than fuss and fret about our meal I just made alternate plans and headed out to play. A few years ago I probably would have felt like a failure, now I just laugh about it - in fact, I had to call our families (who are in the middle of huge whiteout snowstorms) and tell them about our fancy supper so they could laugh with us!
Oh, and I think I will roast our chicken next weekend - it is supposed to be cool!
What fun memories do you have from Easters past?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
Fun Easter memories....Matching dresses with my sisters that my mom made. Fun Spring egg hunt. Homemade fabric Easter basket. Lots of fun.
Post a Comment