Today will be spent preparing for Easter.
The kitchen will be cleaned, destroyed, cleaned, repeat.....as we prepare what we can today.
Tomorrow afternoon will see our oven filled with roast chicken, pineapple meatballs, and a sweet potato casserole. Veggies will be done on the stove at the last minute, rolls, coleslaw, and angel food cake will be made today.
It is actually a simple meal - the meatballs are made and frozen simply requiring an exceedingly simple sauce. I am not making dressing (or stuffing) for the chicken as we are having a heatwave, and that just seems like it would be to heavy and too much food for us. I like to do as much as possible to day before so that I am not rushed and crazy for Easter - after all, I would much rather focus on our Lord, whose sacrifice is overwhelming!
I also will get to prepare overnight French toast tonight, and a special basket!
Updated to add: Change of plans, we are in the middle of a heat wave, temps in the mid 80's, and, after I had used two elements to get supper ready and had it in the oven, plus a cake ready to go in right after, we found out our air conditioning is not working. So we are thinking we will barbecue tomorrow instead! Oh well, at least we have an angel food cake to go with fresh berries and whip cream! (Oh, and praise the Lord, we have insurance for our air conditioner, so hopefully the repair or new unit will be completely covered!) I think the Lord is trying to teach me to take it easy right now.....either that or to keep being more flexible!
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment