So last night, actually it was not even 7 yet, I decided to go downstairs for a glass of water. Even though I can currently drink water by the bucket I try to be classy.
There was no problem with this until I somehow or other missed the bottom 4 steps and landed flat on my back on the steps and slid the rest of the way down. While my back hurt, and my hip hurt, my little toe was screaming. So off to Urgent Care we go!
Might I say that I have never been in and out of Urgent Care in less that 45 minutes until last night? That includes filling out the new patient paperwork!
The doctor was great, declaring my back and hip in fine shape. The toe, however, is another story. It was at a slightly weird angle, not enough to need to be set, but enough to make it clear that all was not well. The doctor opted not to x-ray it because the treatment would be the same for a break or sprain (although he was very certain it was broken), so he buddy taped it to its next door neighbor, gave me a highly fashionable navy shoe, and told me that all I could have for pain was Tylenol and ice.
I liked him right up until that last point. Then, well, not so much.
So today I am sitting here with my foot propped up, and am watching some lovely shades of blue appear on my toe. It is not the best day, but my sweet husband stayed home to take care of us. He has had a tough morning of playing stickers with Miss Pear and bringing me ice. He is such a sweetie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





6 comments:
Poor you! I'm glad it wasn't any worse. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Blessings,
Mrs. C
Oh, that's too bad! I hope you get feeling better soon.
Aren't you glad for husbands?
Oh man, that's the worst. Can't even imagine, Hope you are back to your old self soon. What a blessing you have for a husband!
Blessings to you, poor thing! I'm glad it was not something more serious, though I'm sure it is aching quite a bit. I'm always clumsy when I'm pregnant...I've run into doors, slipped on ice, cut myself with a knife, burned my hands...it's no fun at all. Praying for a speedy recovery.
Oh OW!! I'm so sorry but I am rejoicing that it was ONLY your toe as it could have been so much more!
Rest and take advantage of sitting with your feet up!! ;-)
Goodness!
Even though a broken toe and sore rest of you isn't fun, I'm glad you aren't more seriously hurt, what a fall!
Take Care and blessings,
Trixie
Post a Comment