Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Mother Load

Ages ago I did a quick post where I basically shared some articles I loved, found helpful, or piqued my interest (or made me laugh too, that is a sure way to get my attention!). I loved it, got a great response, shared a couple favorite blogs with you, and cleaned out a few bloglines - you certainly cannot beat that mulitasking! And then I never did it again. Until now!

One Blog I love is the Mother Load. And not just because she does Freebie Friday, although it is a rare week I miss that! She is a mom just like us trying to take care of her family well without breaking the bank. I get great ideas from her, and wanted to share a few articles that I had marked to save. (Oh, and she is spring cleaning right now, so if you need some help getting going, definitely pop over!)

I LOVED her post on "Ask Frugal Mama: Getting to Know Your Dishwasher" as she shared how it is no longer more expensive to run our dishwasher than do the work ourselves. She also share some tips for caring for your beloved dishwasher (yes, I have a very close relationship with mine, why do you ask?) This article is probably single handedly responsible for our clean kitchen right now as my energy is on the low side - I just load up the dishwasher and put it through. (Naturally I buy my detergent on sale with double coupons and have carefully read the instruction manual for loading for maximum efficiency, but do you want to hear the funny thing - my husband can out do me in loading the dishwasher any day of the week - funny and true!)

As you know I am a big fan of making my freezer work well for me and my family, I particularly enjoyed the articles "Get to Know Your Freezer" and her article "Running and Energy-Efficient Freezer".

I laughed, understood, and took notes when I read Getting Ready for Unexpected Guests.

I found the article "A Few Words About Convenience Foods" very helpful, and it definitely got me focused on this budget drain! It is so much easier to eat healthier cheaper with a little planning! I know that if I follow the tip to package things in one serving portions that the first few months of nursing will go SO much better!

I saved the recipe posted with "When the Pantry is Bare" because it sounded like something we would like, I am pretty sure I could hide frozen veggies in it, or at least beside it, and I always have all those ingredients on hand!

And I will have to try the Apple Pie Muffins!

"Baby Steps Series: The Art of Stockpiling" was very helpful, and I was not new to frugal shopping when I read it! The companion article called "Baby Steps Series: Storing Your Stockpile" is also good, and got me thinking about how I can better store our stockpile of stuff.

These are just a few of the posts and articles that got me thinking and helped me. They are all ones that I will be saving onto my computer file of household articles for future reference and help! I hope you enjoy them too!

If you read the Mother Load too, what articles did I miss? What are your favorites?

1 comment:

Dianna said...

I really like The Mother Load too. Amy comes up with the best links every week! I get so many ideas from those.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin