Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Measuring Accomplishments

There was a time, like right before Christmas, where I measured a successful morning by how much we got done, how much was crossed off the to-do list and cleaning list, and how well Miss Pear did as my helper. Oh sure, we had play time and reading time and stuff like that, but morning was also the time to get things done! A successful morning included polishing off the cleaning list, reading books, having breakfast devotions, and some learning time. Along with play time of course.

Well, this morning I realized that I can pretty much wave good bye to that standard good bye.

I felt accomplished this morning when I managed to:
  1. wash our quilt (casualty of morning sickness)
  2. empty the dishwasher
  3. reload the dishwasher
  4. make Italian Meatball Soup in the crock pot
  5. wash the dishes
Yup, that's it. Now I need a nap.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh my, I am in complete agreement! I think we are in about the same place pregnancy-wise. We're due in late September as well. I get next to nothing done lately. I'm thankful if I get a moderate amount of work completed by bedtime...mornings are usually NOT the best time. I'm hoping things will perk up in the next few weeks as I enter the second trimester. I know God is preparing me for all the changes that come with a new family member...it's just hard to adjust to those changes when the old way seemed so comfy.
Praying for you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin