Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bounce Static From Your Skirt

The image “http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/18/wfmwsmall.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I am finally returning to Works for Me Wednesday after a LONG break, basically because I finally have something to share!

Easter Sunday we were heading out the door for church when I realized I had REALLY bad static cling in my skirt, the light flitty spring ones that are actually two layers, and one layer was as static-laced as the other - it almost looked like I was wearing culottes! I kid you not!

And we have no static guard to help.

Humidity was below 20% so it was not just going to fall out on its own.

So I figured if Bounce sheets were good in the dryer for keeping static in out of your clothes, it was worth a try.

There was no time to change so I asked my husband to rub the inside of my skirt with a bounce sheet. He looked at me kind of weird, but agreed. And it WORKED!

The funny thing was that as soon as he was done with my skirt our daughter (almost 3) walked up to him and said, "My turn!" Her dress was almost as bad as mine!

So, using a bounce sheet to get static out of your skirt works for me!

8 comments:

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

I used to use this little trick and had forgotten about it! It is a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing it

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

You know, I've heard this before but had completely forgotten about it. And with our Midwest winters, things get DRY. I can definitely use this one. Thanks!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

That certainly makes sense! I'll have to try that some time!

Admin said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. I know we will be able to use this idea!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Great idea! I have had to do this many MANY times. LOL!!

Linda

Britni said...

I wish I would've known this on Sunday. I just kept my coat on all day in church because I couldn't keep my skirt down!

Ann'Re said...

That is a great tip that I will definately be using. :D Thanks for sharing it...Ann

Anonymous said...

GREAT IDEA! HAIRSPRAY WORKS TOO!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin