The list for next week's box just came out, and the following is scheduled:
Arugula (Greens)
English Peas
Spinach
Mixed Baby Lettuce Heads
Bunched Carrots
Yellow Onions
Roma Tomatoes
White Sweet Corn
Apricots
Peaches
Red Raspberries
Valencia Oranges
After the record breaking heat we have had this week I was not surprised to see 8 thing grown locally, 6 at the CSA Farm.
While it is all things we eat and love, I may swap out some of the greens as that is a lot for us to eat in this heat, I find greens in the summer just don't last as long, even in the fridge! (Although I am assured it will get cooler next week)
So if this was the box you were picking up next Wednesday, what would you be thinking?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
Green Smoothies!!!! greens, water and fruit in the blender...no dairy! I don"t have an exact recipe, each time I make it depends on the water content of the fruit, how rough the greens are etc. But, our kids LOVE them as a morning snack and it's a great way to use up greens that would otherwise be a little tough to get through.
Post a Comment