My reading is going along nicely. I did fall behind a bit last week with having friends over on Thursday for supper, with it being my birthday on Friday and taking a tour of the farm that does our CSA box on Saturday, but I am ALMOST caught up. (As in just a chapter or 2 behind).
What I have been seeing most this past week is the contrast between obedience and disobedience.
Going back a bit I was struck by how Pharoh was willing to be obedient until there was relief, and then his heart was hardened. The call to me was to be obedient in the every day, especially in times of relief.
But this week I was struck by Moses disobedience, which was kind of shocking as I always think of him being this glowing example. Yet his wife had to circumcise their sons when he neglected to do it, and then Joshua had to circumcise the Israelites before they could enter the promised land. Moses had to flee Egypt when he struck and egyptian and killed him, and he was forbidden from entering the promised land because he struck the rock to get water when that was clearly not what Jesus said.
I was again struck by Caleb's obedience, which was certainly not easy, but yet he persisted and became the proud owner of Hebron, a city that has been and continues to be very significant.
Now I am in 1 Samuel, and reading about Samuel, Saul, Jonathan and David, and again the contrast between obedience and disobedience is so clear and stark. Even though this is my 9 or 10th time reading the Bible cover to cover, which does not count all the sporadic, random, curious reading I did on my own, or structured reading I did as part of my seminary studies or Bible studies, the Bible always is new and fresh. If it is not to you, please ask God to teach you, to show you new things, to make His Word new and fresh for you!
Mostly though, I am reading a long and enjoying time in God's Word with Him. It is a joy.
What is God teaching you this week?
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
I am also enjoying every minute of my daily reading!
I also loved the story of Caleb...some of it may have to do with the fact that my son is named Caleb! LOL! :)
May God bless you this week!
Post a Comment