Friday, May 7, 2010

Wise Words

I have a friend who likes to speak God's love and truth into the lives of those around her. Life is not always easy, and that truth helps clarify our perspective.

I hear her say things to me like:

God loves you!
God is with you in this.
God is proud of you, you are His daughter!
I know you are confused, but God has one opinion on this, and He will tell you - go ask Him! (Okay, maybe this one is more of a push in the right direction).
You are precious to God.
Your family is precious/important to God.

You get the picture?

Here is what I hear. We are good enough friends that she wants to be certain I am listening to the truth and not the lies that go through my head some times. And she wants to encourage me.

Lord, help me to be an encourager to those around me with Your truth!

Can I tell you something?

God loves you very much. You are important to Him.

2 comments:

Donnetta said...

So simple and profound all in one. Thank you for the reminder of this truth!

Alexandra said...

Thank you. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin