We are still surrounded by boxes - about half are gone with the stubborn and harder to empty ones being left. So I have nothing intelligent to write. But I have a great frugal tip.
With our house in CA not yet closed, our reimbursements from our new company just requested and rent to pay here, we are being careful about expenditures. But it is worth it, we got to move as a family rather than some staying behind, which is all I wanted, and a pretty phenomenal Mother's Day gift if I do say so myself!
A quick and frugal treat meal for us is chicken fingers and fries (with homemade pickles), but only if you make the sauce yourself. Usually I make BBQ sauce, but the recipes was in one of those boxes I mentioned. Instead, I made the easiest and most delicious Honey Mustard Sauce.
Because you are dear to me, I wanted to share:
Plain Honey Mustard Sauce
1 part honey warmed
1 part plain mustard
mix well, serve, store in fridge.
Fancy Honey Mustard
2 parts honey, warmed
1 part plain mustard
1 part dijon mustard
Mix well, serve, store in fridge.
I made the fancy mustard and stored it in the honey bear I had just emptied. It worked GREAT! Plus there was no honey waste as we just shook the bear to mix in any honey that had been left in the container. It was a huge hit with the family, and I anticipate keeping it in rotation as we liked it and the girls could not get enough of it!
And because I bought all the ingredients on sale it was MUCH cheaper than buying Honey Mustard sauce in the store, and more delicious!
More and more I find that if I can find a recipe to do it myself that is my preference, and not necessarily for the cost savings, even if that is a nice perk. More often that not if I make it myself it is fairly simple and better than what I can buy at the store! This explains why I was making taco sauce today. Tomorrow I HAVE to make BBQ sauce and bread!
What condiment and dressing recipes do you make?
For more kitchen tips, head over to Tammy's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment