Friday, May 28, 2010

So Pretty

On the island in the kitchen sit 10 loaves of bread.
  • 2 traditional french bread loafs
  • 4 half loaf french breads
  • 4 oatmeal bread loaves
And they look so pretty. Too bad I can not find my camera cord.

Over time I have learned to stop and appreciate how pretty the fruits of my labor are - especially loaves of bread and canning!

This morning I also finished putting away my huge stocking up Costco shop from last night. I bought a package of pork chops - well, actually my MIL did - but they were so thick we cut them in half length wise and then froze them in meal sized portions. I took the package of sirloin steak and cubed in for Asian Beef, but could not make the marinade as Costco here did not have the teriyaki sauce I wanted (they had the marinade one with lots of extra stuff). Finally, the 6 pound package of ground beef was divided into 3 packages.

The freezer is full again, the pantry is full again, and that makes me feel very contented...

...that and the 10 loaves of bread on the counter.

Did I mention there is home made strawberry jam in the fridge....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could you share your bread recipes? I would love to try the oatmeal bread. Thanks, Clare

Blog Widget by LinkWithin