Fishmama is hosting the Ultimate Recipe Swap and this week is Chicken! So I thought I would share with you a family favorite recipe that I have been making since before I was married...did I mention we just celebrated our 10th anniversary?
Wowie Maui Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
2-1/2 cups chicken broth
1 x 14oz can pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain white or brown rice (25 min cooking variety)
3/4 cup finely chopped carrots
1 chopped green pepper (can use frozen peppers)
1 chopped red pepper
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 minced garlic cloves
3/4 cup chopped green onions (optional)
Spray a large saucepan with non-stick spray. Add chicken. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink.
Add remaining ingredients, except green onions. Stir well.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until rice is tender. Stir occasionally.
Stir in green onions during last five minutes of cooking time. And serve immediately.
Note: This is easily doubled if you have a big enough pot, then skip the green onions as they do not freeze well.
Also, can add lots of veggies if you do not want to bother with a side salad or side dish.
Other favorite Chicken recipes around here are:
White Chicken Chili
Chicken Breasts stuffed with Pesto and Chicken Cordon Bleu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment