...and I could not be prouder!
Miss Pear does a lot of jobs around the house. Her jobs (with supervision) include setting the table, putting the cutlery away when we empty the dishwasher, folding napkins, face cloths and bibs out of the dryer, putting away toys, and other stuff that comes up that she can help with. She is so proud of herself when she is my "big helper girl". Throughout each day I reward her for doing a good job, for staying in bed (something we are working on), being extra good to her little sister by putting beads in a jar. When the jar is full I give her a book (so far just books I have ordered through Paperback Swap).
This week is vacation Bible school at our church, and it is free. But they do collect an offering each day, and it is for a very specific missionary project. Each day a little package of that day's papers come home with ideas such as bring a dime for every pair of jeans, and bring a dime for every light bulb in your house (with the caveat that these are just ideas and you should do whatever you want). We are thrilled to do this, and are having a lot of fun.
In addition, Miss Pear is earning quarters this week for her jobs instead of beads, and she is thrilled. In fact, she keeps asking me what her next job is, and is so proud to put her quarter in her special jar.
We looked at her jar of beads and I asked her if she wanted to sell me her beads for a quarter a bead. It would mean her jar is empty, and next week she would have to start all over earning her book, but it would also mean more quarters to help more people know Jesus.
She sold me all her beads.
I gave her the book anyways.
Then she asked me what her next job could me.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
Oh Mrs. Pear!! What a wonderful helper, indeed!! And what a blessing YOU are to teach Miss Pear the beauty of serving others! I love the joy that she has in helping you and in helping the church. May the Lord give her a servant's heart all the days of her life. :)
His,
Mrs. U
Post a Comment