Monday, July 27, 2009

Multitude Monday 1

holy experience

There is something wonderful about praising and thanking God. I want to be purposefully thankful with specifics, even though there are generalities and always things that I am thankful for such as God, my salvation, my husband, my girls all count and are the always ones, I want to find the rare gems in each week that are unique to that day, to that time, and note them.

I want to purposefully and wholeheartedly thank and praise God for His goodness to me!

So here is some of what I am thankful for from this past week:

On my birthday....:

1. ....I was driving my daughters to pick up Daddy and out of the blue Miss Pear said, "I love God, I love Jesus, and the Holy Spirit is my friend." Early fruit at age 4. Such a precious gift! (Miss Pear was apparently in fine form last week at VBS. When the pastor asked what Jesus saves us from, she said, "Our evilness.")

2. ....we woke up to a marine layer for the first time in 2 weeks. I love to wake up to the marine layer, it is such a gentle introduction to the day. It felt like a special birthday present from God.

3. ....my sweet family showered me with thoughtful love! Chinese food for supper, brownie for dessert, and such perfect birthday presents: Cake Bible, How to Decorate Cakes DVD, Beginner Crochet DVD, a pair of shoes for in the kitchen on our hard tile floor (all things I really wanted and was so thrilled to get!), and Miss Pear made me a puppet with a brown paper bag and stickers and pipe cleaners. My family poured their love on me and it was wonderful!


4. VBS last week. It made the week crazy, but lots of fun!

5. Baby smiles. Baby looks up at you, lifts her chin a little more, squints her eyes and smiles hugely!

6. Saturday I began my first ever batch of pickles. It will take a full 7 days to make, so if all goes well we will be canning on Saturday.

7. My husband's encouragement to try new things!

8. When I was doing my Bible reading this verse jumped out at me:
Exodus 2:22b (emphasis mine) ...I have been a stranger in a foreign land.

9. All the sweet birthday comments here!

10. For the first harvest of beans after our plants went into shock when the heat arrived too quickly.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin