FishMama does the Ultimate Recipe Swap each week, and I am always happy to peruse it. But this week she picked a theme that makes my participation close to mandatory: Freezer Meals!
A new favorite around here was delivered by friends when we brought Baby home from the hospital, but I cannot remember if it was after she was born or after her bout of viral meningitis because meals were delivered by our church friends both times and the meals, delicious as they were, kind of blend together in my head.
I begged the recipe from my dear friend and it reads as:
White Chicken Chili
1 T. vegetable oil
1 lb. chicken or ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 small can chicken broth
2 cans Great Northern beans (undrained)
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. cumin
1 t. oregano
2 t. fresh cilantro
1 c. Montery jack cheese
1) Cook chicken and onion in oil. Drain.
2) Add broth, beans, and spices. Bring to a boil.
3) Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Add cheese for last 10 minutes.
Variations: Add canned or fresh corn, green chilies, or substitute different beans (I like using 1 can of kidney beans and 1 can of pinto beans)
My variations: I use my crockpot because I like to get what I can ready for supper in the morning so that I have a less hectic afternoon...and sometimes it works. I always add the can of green chilies for the flavor boost, I prefer it with the shredded/chopped chicken, and I always double it so that I can freeze 2 meals after we eat one meal.
If you are new around here, I did a whole series on freezer meals, just click on the label below!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment