You know, from the Wizard of Oz? The one who sings, "If I only had a brain."
I don't know if I am just trying to do too much, or if I am just lacking in concentration, or if I am just tired, but it feels like I am alternating between spinning my wheels and running in circles. Yes, there is a difference, and I have discovered it.
Between caring for our family, caring for our home, and starting to home school preschool it seems like something is always falling down.
And unfortunately when one grandma comes to visit she does not say no and encourages Miss Pear in bad behavior. When I step in I am the bad guy and am being too strict. It came to a head this weekend after blatantly bad behavior learned from Grandma coupled with a cheeky comment about Grandma says it is okay and Grandma was told it will not continue...by her son who never gets upset and is always the voice of calm reason but put his foot down firmly and with no discussion allowed. But really, it felt like we were left with no alternative, and I feel bad about that, but gently discussing it got laughed off and more pointed discussions got brushed off. Hopefully this will make a difference because I hate using time outs to correct bad behavior taught by Grandma.
So all things considered we are a bit overwhelmed.
Which is where I have been.
And I cannot come up with anything more to say.
Why is it sometimes so hard to do what you know is best for your kids, for your family?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





4 comments:
You have to do your God given responsibility in training your children... No matter how hard... And this sounds hard! God will be glorified as you seek and honor him in all you do in parenting. Rest in him and his truth in hard times.
Its always so much harder when its peopl we ordinarily respect who teach our children the wrong things, my in-laws have done this many times, and hubby and I have had to step up too often, he is good with his mom, but I have had to do it with his dad. Its never easy. Our situation is different as they are divorced and he was estranged from his dad before our daughter was born for nearly 15 years, so I was polite but very firm when reminding them that we are her parents, and We will raise her the way we feel GOd is leading US, they had their chances.
I have been praying for you throughout the journey with Baby Pear, we had the scare of Hip Dysplasia with ours but it was just a scare, I was a new mom, reading what you have been through has hurt my heart.
I am a grandma (age 60) a Christian with Christian son and daughter in law. I have been "spoken to" and have a different viewpoint. I think a grandma (& grandpa) generally bring a different viewpoint than parents. We try to be "fun" and have more relaxed relations with grandchildren than with our own kids. That's the beauty of being a grandparent. It sounds like Miss Pear might be able to understand that what grandma says doesn't always apply. Love Grandma while she is there, but the rules are still there when she leaves. And discipline the child for being "sassy," and give Grandma a break. I realize I don't understand all that happened, and this is just from my point of view.
It was good of your husband set to boundaries! This makes life run much more smoothly. My husband has had to do the same, and things have been much more pleasant. It means so much more(the effect) when the husband steps up.
As long as it is done with charity and love, you are on the side of righteousness. We must follow Jesus in all things, even if it means stepping on the toes of the people we love. It is a loving thing to discipline a child and raise them up correctly. It's the gift we give them, and parents should always be respected.
Post a Comment