Thursday, February 10, 2011

CSA Box This Week

This morning my CSA box showed up at my door again - how wonderful is that! And it delights the girls to retrieve the yummy box.

When I was reviewing the box this week I realized that I wanted to keep it easy for us, nothing too thought provoking or challenging to figure out! Plus with the yuck in our house last week I still had some veggies and fruit to use up.

So our box this morning contained the following:
Box Contents
Cucumbers, Organic - 2 each

Garnet Yams, Organic - 3 pounds

Broccoli, Organic - 1 bunch

Yellow Onions, Organic - 3 each

Garlic, Organic - 3 each

Roma Tomatoes, Organic - 1.5 pounds

Green Leaf Lettuce, Organic - 1 bunch

Grapefruit, Organic - 3 each

Navel Oranges, Organic - 6 each

Mangos, Organic - 2 each

Minneola Tangelos, Organic - 6 each

Gala Apples, Organic - 5 each


In addition, the following Green Grocer items are scheduled to be in your order:

Qty.Item

1Celery, Organic - 1 bunch/order.

A big salad will be made with the lettuce, cucumbers, and roma tomatoes from the box along with some sweet peppers and carrots I have on hand.

There is lots of fruit for snacks and desserts.

Broccoli will be simply steamed for a side dish, and the sweet potatoes roasted for another side dish.

Nothing fancy this week, and that is just how we need it!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin