I also mentioned that I used the More-With-Less Cookbook
Now I have a question for you: What are your favorite, go-to, always work, your family loves bread recipes?
A Southern California women just trying to do her best to follow God, and be the wife and mother He has called me to be.
![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)

3 comments:
Hello, This is my first time on your blog. I wrote a post on a forum about our current situation of facing open heart surgery for our nine year old. A kind lady suggested I pop over here to read about your story. I was suprised to see that your precious daughter was treated for a heart murmer (the same as my son) this year. We have been told by our surgeon that the surgery will take place some time in July or August. I am finding this a hard time and the nearer we get to the summer the harder it is. Anyway I just wanted to say hello and I hope that you and your family are well.
GOD Bless,
Sarah x
Sarah - my girls are doing great, we joke that Miss Pear is all but bionic now! It is incredible, it is a miracle.
If you would like to talk via email, ask questions of someone who has been there etc. please feel free to email me at Mrs.Pear (at) comcast (dot) com
I really do mean it, and hope to hear from you soon.
I make this every other day- it makes two leaves, and is really adaptable!
2 cups hot tap water
1 Tbsp yeast
2 heaping Tbsp sugar
3 cups flour
2 Tbsp oil
2 tsp salt
(optional, if using wheat flour: a little vital wheat gluten)
You can use whatever you like- I normally make the first 3 cups of flour fresh-ground whole wheat, and then add 1 1/2-2 1/2 cups white flour. If there's leftover oatmeal from breakfast, I put that in too, then enough flour to make a nice dough. Sugar can be honey, brown sugar, or white sugar. Oil can be anything- shortening, vegetable oil, olive oil. If you do all white flour, with a 1/4 cup of milk powder, it ends up soft as Wonder Bread. You can throw in a cup of raw oatmeal too, if you want, to add a little body. Really, anything goes.
If we're fancy, we'll smash one loaf flat and sprinkle with lots of brown sugar and cinnamon before rolling it up tight. Or, blue cheese and almonds is amazing if you make this half-wheat. If you do all wheat, make sure it's a very fine flour or the sharp bran bits will cut all your gluten strands, and you'll never get a nice dough (or a nice rise.)
You can make it into rolls, put the loaves into pans, make long skinny loaves to bake on a cookie sheet, make round loaves (try it studded with jalapenos and mozzarella chunks, like the bakery I used to work at!)
OK, I'll stop now- you probably know all this already :)
Post a Comment